Tuesday 5 May 2009

My videos

Another thing about blogs - you can make them stretch displacement activities so far that, in the end, you don't have to do any writing at all. That's the perfect condition for a writer with my own degree of sloth. I spent ages, for example, trying to bring some videos I'd made (all connected with writing) into this blog so that they could be watched without leaving its comforting embrace. In the end, I failed (ingloriously) and had to resort to inserting a link. Given the depth of my ignorance, that in itself was a huge victory. It's in the column on the left.
If any readers are more knowledgeable about these things than I am (i.e. all of you), I'd welcome advice on making this a slicker, one-touch operation.

4 comments:

  1. Bill, thank you for visiting my blog. I always find it interesting learning how other authors write. It also means now, that I am going to have to go out and buy your novels. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it, S T, but it's a dangerous precedent. If you do that for all the blogs you visit, you'd better make sure you write some best sellers so that you can afford it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really quite easy, Bill. Copy the embedded code from the YouTube box in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Then, paste the code into the layout section of your customizing page in the HTML icon. Click save, then position the video where you want it on your blog page.

    And I can't quite believe that you're as lazy as you say you are. :)

    Jean
    http://advicefromeditors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jean. I think I tried that but the screen just spread across both columns. As for the laziness - I clearly have not only a gift for sloth but also one for simulating action. Please try to preserve that wonderful image of an industrious me - it'll save me hours of trying to appear so.

    ReplyDelete